What’s driving this locally?
1) Houses under 250k are flying off the shelves! Many neighborhoods have less than one month of inventory. Buyers need to understand this and
follow the advice of their Realtor to win their offer.
2) Interest rates continue to be historically low hovering at 4%. Lower payment= More house.
3) Builders don’t have enough new construction on the ground for the demand so that is pushing buyers to purchase resales.
4) Hurricane Florence that ravished our area last September has a silver lining. It’s created such a need for renovation that contractors say will take over 3-5 years to meet that demand bringing workers here from all over the country. Bottom line -more area jobs.
5) Last but not least, our best kept secret about the resilience of our community and how we come together is now making national news. Everyone wants to live in a town that some of us still take for granted.❤️